More than 2.5 billion people use at least one app to communicate and spend 90% of their time on Mobile. This type of interaction has become dominant, and here is the ChatBot.
They represent a practical application of Artificial Intelligence, serving user needs, as they are able to provide users with almost all the answers they need quickly and logically. But what is a ChatBot? Let’s discover it!
What is a ChatBot?
The word “chatbot” derives from the union between “chat” and “bot”, that it means the automation of the interactions that occur within an instant messaging application. Therefore, it is a conversation that takes place in real time, like on various text platforms and messaging applications.
Recent innovations in the field of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence have allowed the birth of the so-called conversational interface, through which users can interact with services, organizations and companies with questions and answers.
«If you picture the journey of chatbots from the 1960s to now, you can see that what was once a fantasy of being able to communicate with a non-living virtual being is now part of our everyday lives.»
Rashid Khan, “Build Better Chatbots”
How can chatbots help with customers?
Currently there are a lot of types of ChatBot and the most used in marketing and customer relations are the following:
- provide users with news on topics that they have chosen;
- offer specific discounts and promotions;
- respond in real time to requests for information and returning relevant answers;
- purchase the selected products without having to leave the conversational instant messaging interface;
- provide support based on customer feedback to purchase products or services.